Thursday, March 29, 2012

Alternate to sql web assistant

I am currently with sql 2k5 and using web assistant to generate some HTML files and email the same automatically to a set of users.

these html files that are generated are processed via a JOB in sql server.

I am in process of replacing of the web assistant procedures.

Is this possible to make this with XQuery of SQL Server 2K5 and convert it into HTML files with Stored Procedure.

Is there any other possible way to do it?

Hi Brinda,

I have similar stored procedures that use web assistnant to generate xls files and then email them. I have heard that web assistant can be replaced with reporting services in SQL2K5, but I am unaware of the details of how to do this-if anyone has details on this I am interested to learn about it.

Thanks,

-Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment