Thursday, March 29, 2012

Alternate Partners

Hi - I have a question about how Alt. Partners work. I have a scenario
where A is a publisher and B and C are subscribing to A (pull
subscriptions).
Now I want B to be an alternate partner so it can synchronize with C. So
I make B a publisher (which is identical to A), then I subscribe C to B. At
A, I add B as an sync partner.
Shouldn't C at this point be able to synchronize with B? The first thing
it complained was that B did not have a snapshot, but I just want to
synchronize so why do I need to create a snapshot for B? So I created the
snapshot just to see what would happen, now it says that "The merge process
could not retrive identity range resource for table 'TableName'". I am using
identity range management in SQL Server 2000, and it works fine with the
publisher (I included below the script that adds the article).
Am I doing something that is fundamentally wrong?
Your help will be greatly appreciated,
Maer
exec sp_addmergearticle @.publication = N'My_Publication', @.article =
N'lkpProjectRoles', @.source_owner = N'dbo', @.source_object =
N'lkpProjectRoles', @.type = N'table', @.description = null, @.column_tracking
= N'true', @.pre_creation_cmd = N'drop', @.creation_script = null,
@.schema_option = 0x000000000000CFF1, @.article_resolver = null,
@.subset_filterclause = null, @.vertical_partition = N'false',
@.destination_owner = N'dbo', @.auto_identity_range = N'true',
@.pub_identity_range = 1000, @.identity_range = 1000, @.threshold = 80,
@.verify_resolver_signature = 0, @.allow_interactive_resolver = N'false',
@.fast_multicol_updateproc = N'true', @.check_permissions = 0
Yes, providing you follow the steps outlined here.
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;321176
Hilary Cotter
Looking for a SQL Server replication book?
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602.html
"Maer" <maer@.auditleverage.com> wrote in message
news:O6rNMwEvEHA.2200@.TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Hi - I have a question about how Alt. Partners work. I have a scenario
> where A is a publisher and B and C are subscribing to A (pull
> subscriptions).
> Now I want B to be an alternate partner so it can synchronize with C.
So
> I make B a publisher (which is identical to A), then I subscribe C to B.
At
> A, I add B as an sync partner.
> Shouldn't C at this point be able to synchronize with B? The first
thing
> it complained was that B did not have a snapshot, but I just want to
> synchronize so why do I need to create a snapshot for B? So I created the
> snapshot just to see what would happen, now it says that "The merge
process
> could not retrive identity range resource for table 'TableName'". I am
using
> identity range management in SQL Server 2000, and it works fine with the
> publisher (I included below the script that adds the article).
> Am I doing something that is fundamentally wrong?
> Your help will be greatly appreciated,
> Maer
>
> exec sp_addmergearticle @.publication = N'My_Publication', @.article =
> N'lkpProjectRoles', @.source_owner = N'dbo', @.source_object =
> N'lkpProjectRoles', @.type = N'table', @.description = null,
@.column_tracking
> = N'true', @.pre_creation_cmd = N'drop', @.creation_script = null,
> @.schema_option = 0x000000000000CFF1, @.article_resolver = null,
> @.subset_filterclause = null, @.vertical_partition = N'false',
> @.destination_owner = N'dbo', @.auto_identity_range = N'true',
> @.pub_identity_range = 1000, @.identity_range = 1000, @.threshold = 80,
> @.verify_resolver_signature = 0, @.allow_interactive_resolver = N'false',
> @.fast_multicol_updateproc = N'true', @.check_permissions = 0
>

No comments:

Post a Comment