Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Altering stored procedure which is part of sys schema

I am trying to alter sys.sp_helpmergeconflictrows which is part fof sys schema and is in System Stored Procedures.

Reason why I need this is because Conglict Viewer in merge replication fails to show data from one of my tables, because aforementioned sp fails during execution. It fails because sql query is declared as nvarchar(4000) and it needs to be longer. So, I tired to change it to nvarchar(max), but I cannot.

I tried few things in order to gain permission to alter that sp, but I fial always.

Can it be done at all, and if can, how?

Thanks

If you have a bug in the conflict viewer (or more specifically this stored proc), you should open a ticket with MS Tech Support to have this resolved.

Bryan

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment